From the Richmond Whig, 4/29/1865

SIGN OF THE TIMES. The ever memorable sign, associated in the minds of tens of thousands of Union prisoners with the Libby Prison in Richmond, has been taken down and forwarded by Adams Express Company to Washington, for safe keeping. The sign, which is an unornamented board, was nailed up against the west end, over the office doorway entrance, and bore the inscription, "L. Libby & Son, Ship Chandlers." What peculiar mission the sign is to fulfill North, we are not informed, but we presume it will be deposited among the accumulated relics of the Rebellion, to be viewed with curiosity and interest by the generations yet to be.