From the Richmond Whig, 4/28/1865
Major General Halleck's headquarters are at the corner of
Clay and Twelfth streets.
Major Gen. E. O. C. Ord, commanding the Department of
Virginia. Headquarters corner of Clay and Eleventh streets. Office in Custom
House, second floor - Bank street entrance.
Brig. Gen. M. R. Patrick. Headquarters opposite Gen. Ord's.
Office in Custom House, first floor - Bank street entrance.
Major General Casey's headquarters are at the corner of
Sixth and Main streets.
Brevet Brig. Gen. John E. Mulford, Agent for the Exchange
of Prisoners, has an office at the “Female Institute,” corner of Clay and 10th
streets - (first floor.)
Brevet Brig. Gen. Michie, Chief Engineer Department of
Virginia; office, second left-hand door, first floor, Custom House, Bank street
Brig. Gen. F. T. Dent, Military Commander of the city of
Richmond; office, City Hall.
Lieut. H. S. Merill, Post Quartermaster; office, Female
Institute, Tenth street.
Capt. A. J. Cook, Post Commissary; office, No. 115 Broad
Col. M. P. Small, Chief Commissary Department of Virginia,
office at Custom House.
Col. D. M. Evans, Paroling Officer. Office, State Senate
Chamber, up stairs, north end.
Colonel John B. Howard, Chief Quartermaster Army of the
James, has his office in the Custom House.
Col. Geo. Suckley, U. S. V., Acting Medical Director of
Department of Virginia. Office in Custom House.
Acting Staff Surgeon Wm. H. Palmer, U. S. A., Post Surgeon,
at Stuart Hospital.
Acting Assistant Surgeon Sanders, U. S. A., in charge U. S.
Dispensary, corner Broad and Eighth streets.
Major J. C. Paine, Chief Signal Officer. Office in the
Female Institute on Tenth street.
Officers are respectfully requested to inform us of any
errors or omissions in the above directory.