From the Richmond Whig, 4/27/1865
Major General Halleck’s headquarters are at the corner of
Clay and Twelfth streets.
Major Gen. E. O. C. Ord, commanding the Department of
Virginia. Headquarters corner of Clay and Eleventh streets. Office in Custom
House, second floor - Bank street entrance.
Brig. Gen. M. R. Patrick, Provost Marshal General -
Headquarters opposite Gen. Ord’s. Office in Custom House, first floor - Bank
Major General Casey’s headquarters are at the corner of
Sixth and Main streets.
Brevet Brig. Gen. John E. Mulford, Agent for the Exchange
of Prisoners, has an office at the “Female Institute,” corner of Clay and 10th
streets - (first floor.)
Brevet Brig. Gen. Michie, Chief Engineer Department of
Virginia; office, second left-hand door, first floor Custom House, Bank-street
Brig. Gen. F. T. Dent, Military Commander of the city of
Richmond; office, City Hall.