From the Richmond Sentinel,
4/29/1863, p. 1, c. 7

The Eighth Street Bridge. A substantial wooden bridge has at length been nearly completed, to supply the place of the bridge formerly spanning the canal, near the Petersburg Depot, which, it will be remembered, gave way under the weight of Yankee prisoners crossing on their way to the cars.

 

Page last updated on 07/24/2009