From the Richmond Examiner, 7/4/1863

THE TREDEGAR IRON WORKS. The several Departments partly destroyed or stopped by the conflagration of last May, are resuming operations one by one as they are repaired, and in a few days the whole of the immense and important establishment will be resoundant with the whirl and rattle of machinery again. The woolen factory of Messrs. Crenshaw & Co., in which the conflagration started, is not to be rebuilt, at least not upon its former site.

Page last updated on 07/24/2009