From the Richmond Enquirer, 9/19/1861, p. 3, c. 3
HOSPITALS. – In the published list of the Military
Hospitals in this city, an omission occurred which we take pleasure in
The Hospitals referred to are under the auspices of the
Army Committee of the Young Mens’ Christian Association, assisted by the people of the
neighborhood, and are situated as follows:
Samaritan Hospital, corner of 4th and Cary
streets; Physician, Dr. John P. Little.
Gamble’s Hill Hospital, corner 4th and Byrd
streets; Physician, Dr. Wm. H. Gwathmey.
These Hospitals have been in operation about one month, and
have rendered efficient service to the soldiers of the Confederate Army.
last updated on