From the Richmond Dispatch, 3/7/1862

Change of Quarters. – We understand that the Confederate States Military Prison will, in a short time, be moved from the factories on Main street to “Libby’s Buildings,” near the corner of 21st and Cary streets. This step is taken in order to secure more privacy and, at the same time, better security in the keeping of the prisoners. In the building to which it is now proposed to remove the prisoners the number of soldiers necessary as guard will be materially lessened.

Page last updated on 01/15/2008