From the Richmond Dispatch, 7/24/1862, p. 1, c. 7

Cleaned Out. Sundry stores on South Main street, below 14th, heretofore used as hospitals for our wounded men are now quite empty. Those who were not too much prostrated by their wounds and were able to travel have been sent to their various homes. Others permanently disabled, of which there were few in each of the buildings, have been removed to some of the regular military hospitals.

 

 

 

 

Page last updated on 07/24/2009