From the Richmond Dispatch, 6/10/1862, p. 2

The temporary railroad between the depots of the Fredericksburg and Central Railroads has served admirably the purposes for which it was constructed. Some of the heavy engines of the Central road, in ascending the hill near the African Church, gave unmistakeable evidence of being engaged in hard work, but all of them, in obedience to the power of human will, did go up. The track, at several of the street crossings, has been removed to facilitate travel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Page last updated on 01/15/2008