Richmond Dispatch, 5/15/1862

Home
Written Accounts
Photographs
Maps
Hospitals
Prisons
Other Sites
Events
Search
Links

Back • Next

 

From the Richmond Dispatch, 5/15/1862, p. 2, c. 3

Had the Council granted the recent request of physicians for the use of Clay Street Chapel as a military hospital, the building, together with the services of the attending M.D.ís, would have been tendered gratuitously to the Confederate Government for the use and benefit of sick and wounded soldiers. None of the doctors intended to be employed there have ever charged money for attending sick soldiers, or the families of those who are in the Confederate service.

Page last updated on 01/15/2008