From the Richmond Dispatch, 3/13/1862, p. 2, c. 3

Military Matters. – Major Jno. C. Porter, having been appointed Provost Marshal of Richmond, Capt. Godwin has been placed in charge of the eastern half of the city and Jno. C. Maynard the western half.

The passport office has been removed to Gen. Winder’s old office, corner 9th and Broad streets, and the General’s office to the house next to the Mechanics’ Institute, 9th street.

[remainder of article was not transcribed]

Page last updated on 07/24/2009