From the Richmond Dispatch, 2/13/1862, p. 3, c. 5
Purchase by the Government.
We learn that Messrs. Talbott & Brother, proprietors of the
extensive foundry corner of 17th and Cary streets, in this city, have sold out
their entire establishment to the Navy Department. The sale includes the
machinery and tools of all kinds, stock on hand, work completed and
manufacturing material, with a lease of the buildings. An officer of the Navy
has been appointed general superintendent. This establishment has recently
finished and sent off five double engines for gun-boats constructing at a point
which we need not mention.
last updated on