From Richmond Dispatch, 4/16/1861, p. 1
MAIN ST. HOSPITAL FOR SLAVES. –
This Hospital is
situated near the corner of Main and 26th streets, and is admirably
adapted in airiness, privacy and healthfulness of position, to the purposes for
which it has been instituted, namely: For MEDICAL, SURGICAL and OBSTETRICAL
treatment of SLAVES. The rules and regulations governing this institution have
already been published. A circular containing full particulars will be furnished
those who may desire further information.
TERMS. – Patients per
week, $5; less than a week, $1 per diem; but the aggregate shall not exceed the
charge for a full week. Patients attending the daily examinations (not fit
subjects for HOSPITAL CONFINEMENT,) charged the regular fee adopted by the
profession at large. The above charges include board, medicine, medical
attendance and nursing. Surgical operations charged according to rules of other
Hospitals of the city. For further information, apply to the Physician resident
at the Hospital, or to either of the undersigned Physicians and Proprietors.
W. HANCOCK, M. D.,
Main st., bet. 3d and 4th, or No. 136 Main st.
ST. GEO. PEACHY, M. D.,
Exchange Hotel, or Grace st., bet. 5th and 6th.
R. S. VEST, M. D., Franklin st.,
Near Ballard House, or cor. Main and 7th sts.
Phillip S. HANCOCK, M. D.,
J. G. TREVILIAN, M. D.,
ap 19 – 1y
last updated on