From the Richmond Dispatch, 12/10/1861

New Hospitals have been established in this city, under the general superintendence of Dr. St. Geo. Peachy, at the commodious factories of the Messrs. Grant, on 19th street, and at Royster’s factory, on 25th street, with a capacity to accommodate eight hundred sick soldiers. One is already in operation, and the arrangements are of such a character as to ensure the comfort, so far as possible, of those who may be brought there for medical treatment.









Page last updated on 07/24/2009