From the Richmond Dispatch,
8/24/1861, p. 2, c. 6
The Right Spirit.
– The Directors of the Richmond (Baptist) College recently held a meeting, and
passed a resolution giving the College during the war to a committee of
Louisiana gentlemen, to be used by them as a hospital for the sick and wounded
soldiers of the Confederate States Army. The committee proceeded immediately to
have the college buildings fitted up for the use intended, and the work is now
going on. It will be remembered that for several months past the grounds and
College buildings have been in use by the soldiers of our army, they having been
relinquished of the first intimation that they might be made useful in
furthering the great cause in which we are all engaged.
last updated on