From the Richmond Daily Dispatch, 8/8/1861
St. Charles Hotel. - This capacious establishment, so kindly tendered
by the owners, Messrs. R. H. Dickinson and Geo. W. Yancey, has been converted
into a regular Hospital by the committee appointed to attend on our wounded and
sick volunteers. The committee deserve great praises for their untiring exertion
and strict attention to the wants of our sick and wounded. There is in
attendance a regularly organized corps of Surgeons, among whom are Drs. J. F.
Jackson and F. W. Hancock, of Richmond; Dr. Tuff, of Washington, D. C., and Dr.
Jones, of Maryland. There are 160, or more, patients in the building.
last updated on