Winder Map Detail

Home
Written Accounts
Photographs
Maps
Hospitals
Prisons
Other Sites
Events
Search
Links

Back • Next

 

Detail of an 1865 Map produced by Major Nathaniel Micheler and Capt. Peter S. Michie. (National Archives, Record Group #77, Map G 204, #51.)


click for a larger image

note: this map is mislabled in the respect that the complex labeled on the map as "Camp Jackson" is, in fact the Winder Hospital area. Jackson Hospital is the complex northeast of it (near the "R"). The Winder Hospital annex is located at top left - this is the approximate location of the modern-day fountain lake at Byrd Park.

Page last updated on 07/04/2008