Information about General Hospital #2 in Richmond, VA during
the Civil War.
Also called: Bailey's Factory Hospital, Baily's Factory Hospital. Tobacco
factory of S. W. Bailey and Company, used in 1861 and 1862, perhaps later. Three
storied, A-roofed building. Faced on south side Cary Street, southwest corner of
7th Street. Dr. James M. Holloway, in charge.
Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond
by Robert W. Waitt, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial
committee, Richmond, Virginia 1964.)
Morning Reports of Patients and Attendants,
General Hospitals No. 1-4, 7-8, 12-20, 22-23, and 25-27. 1862-65. 1 vol.Daily reports showing the number of patients in hospital, in private
quarters, received, returned to duty, transferred, furloughed, deserted,
discharged, died, and remaining; the number of medical officers, stewards,
nurses, cooks, and laundresses present for duty; and remarks. Arranged by
hospital number, thereunder chronologically, and thereunder by State of
patient's organization. The dates given are inclusive; not all hospitals
have reports for all dates.